Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can log in but not on my ipad

Everything works .. I log in on all devices..

I deleted and reinstalled the app multiple times 

Yet on my ipad 11 pro it says wrong credentials..

Yet it works on everything else so how is it wrong and why ? 

I'm so done with apple 

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I can log in but not on my ipad

Hi @Blankpage89,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We're happy to help you with your problem accessing your account on Roku. We'd like to know more about the issue that you ran into. Please provide us with more details.

• What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV; specify TV)
  • What Roku Smart Home device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Indoor Camera SE, Roku Outdoor Camera SE, Roku Video Doorbell SE, etc.)
  • Where are you trying to sign in? (Roku Smart Home app or Roku account)

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.
Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HornedAndWinged
Channel Surfer

I am having a virtually identical issue.

"what device are you currently on?" My Samsung moto e6

"What Roku Smart Home device are you using right now?" Roku Smart Home Outdoor Wired Camera SE

"Where are you trying to sign in?" I was trying to log into the Roku Smart Home App, but now The Roku App (Official) is doing the same thing. I can sign in to those apps on all other devices, with the same sign in information I'm providing for the apps on this phone. Changed my password several times, but still get the same prompt, that it doesn't match records. I've also tried copying the sign in info directly from the password manager, AND typing it out without using an option from the suggested sign in information that's saved.

This is the furthest I've gotten in the troubleshooting process, because before now, in the help/support section, I'd get as far as the article that might help, click on it, and I'd get an error screen. That screen would state that the page couldn't be view bc it might have too high of a traffic volume. The suggestion was to try back later, and if the error page persists to contact the web master. Unfortunately, the contact information was jumbled up and overlapping preventing me from seeing it legibly or even being able to copy and paste it.

I'd appreciate help in troubleshooting to a solution, because I've tried everything short of cancelling my subscription and returning the device. I was able to sign in at one point, I don't have any VPN, firewalls, or anything of likeness that would be preventing it from working. I hadn't changed any settings prior to the problem starting either. I can sign in to the sites on my browser with the same information too on this device, no issues. @RokuEuniceL 

0 Kudos
HornedAndWinged
Channel Surfer

Correction, my smart phone is a Motorola Moto e6, not Samsung. After browsing more, I did happen upon some information that it was a know issue that was being working on. I've been having trouble with it for a couple of weeks now for the smart home app, but the official Roku app started doing it today. From what I've seen, some community members replied that the problem was resolved for them this past Friday/Saturday. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @HornedAndWinged,

We're really sorry for the inconvenience. Could you tell us if you've tried updating the app and see if that helps? But if still no luck, we would appreciate it if you could provide with us the details below.

• Mobile device brand, model, and OS
  • App build version.

Once we have this information, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team.

Keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HornedAndWinged
Channel Surfer

@RokuERey

Regarding your inquiry about updates, here what I've got:

When the problem started there were no updates available, so the apps were up to date.

I have limited space available so I frequently uninstall and reinstall apps to shuffle between whichever app I might need at the time, if it's not accessible through my Google chrome browser. Before the problem started, Roku smart home app was used frequently, so it hadn't uninstalled much of at all. The official Roku app usually only stays on my phone when my Roku TV remote is missing because of the universal remote, or if I need the private listen function during times when sensory deprivation takes place with my headphones.

Since the problem started, I have uninstalled the smart home app long enough to finish what other apps were intended for, then reinstalled it soon thereafter so I could keep checking if problem resolved itself. This means that upon every reinstall the app would be up to date. My TV remote has been missing for a while, so the official app has seldomly been uninstalled. I affirm, that when I composed this reply, 10/05, 10:11pm Central time, there were no new updates for either, so they are both up to date.

Regarding my smart phone's Brand, Model, to reiterate from my last comments above, it's a Motorola s6. The operating system it uses is Android 9.

Smart home app version 2.2.0.169

The Roku official app version 9.7.0.2302062

If the build number your required for s different than the version numbers I provided, then can you please direct me to where that number can be found.

I also wanted to mention that I can still use the Roku official app, while it's not signed in. It's only once I try to sign in to the official and the smart home apps where the problem is. I can sign in to the same account when accessing the chrome browser. All other devices for my house hold have no issue.

Look forward to hearing from you again as you have helped me the most since the problem started.o

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for elaborating on this concern with us, @HornedAndWinged.

No worries, we'll forward the details you have provided to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as our team reviews this one.

If you have other issues you'd like to share, please do so in order for us to address them immediately. If it's another issue, feel free to create another thread.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HornedAndWinged
Channel Surfer

Thanks @RokuJanadeeK 

The turn over time for response exceeded my expectations! Approximately how long should it take to hear from someone who is handling it from here, and in which way should I expect them to make contact?

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the added inquiry, @HornedAndWinged.

We still do not have information to share, as this is an ongoing and complex issue that needs an in-depth investigation by our appropriate Roku team. Rest assured, once we have gathered details, we'll be updating this thread. We truly hope for your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HornedAndWinged
Channel Surfer

After a day or two wait, attempting to log in every so often, eventually I was able to log in. Since it's an internal issue that the developers are addressing, if others have done everything specified previously, I'd recommend providing all the requested information above, so they can forward it to the appropriate personnel. I forgot to give to send a reply when it resolved.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.