Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KathyO-
Reel Rookie

computer no longer on 'apps & inputs' home screen after Roku change 2023 Sept

'computer' no longer shows as an app after 2023 Sept Roku change.  Instead to use as computer monitor, I must now select TV inputs every time; computer is only a choice under the TV inputs 'channel'.  How do I restore the 'computer' choice to the 'apps & inputs' home screen? 

3 'apps' tiles used to display per row, now 4 'apps' display per row, but without 'computer' as a home screen choice, this is a fail. 

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: computer no longer on 'apps & inputs' home screen after Roku change 2023 Sept

Sorry, you can't.  This appears to be something Roku is testing out since some users have it and some don't.  Maybe if there's enough negative feedback Roku will offer options when they make big changes like this.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
KathyO-
Reel Rookie

Re: computer no longer on 'apps & inputs' home screen after Roku change 2023 Sept

Thank you for your response. 

Perhaps Roku no longer wants people to purchase Roku TVs for use as computer monitors. It is not time efficient to have this extra step every time I use my computer. I don't know how to give Roku my feedback directly.

Yeah I have to go to inputs now to get to Xbox.  Not liking the new setup.

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing this with us, @KathyO and @ronhughesinco.

Here at Roku, we constantly strive to give our customers the finest streaming quality and convenience when using our services. We greatly appreciate your feedback and consider it valuable. At the moment, all we can do is wait for Roku to roll out the most recent version. Keep checking back for the most recent updates. We appreciate all your insights, regardless.

If you have further feedback or suggestions, please feel free to leave them on this platform.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
JeanInTN
Channel Surfer

I don't like this change, either!  I just bought a new Roku TV last month.  I was out of town for several days and came home yesterday; now "cable box" is not on my home screen and "apps and inputs" is showing instead.  I have not added my cable channels to the "Live TV" app; there are too many of them and it would take too long to let the scan complete and then try to add all of my favorites to the "favorites" on Roku.  I shouldn't have to click this many times to switch from antenna to cable.  Please return our individual inputs to the home screen, and let us hide the ones we do not use!

Tami12

There should have been better communication regarding this change. My elderly parents spent an hour in the phone with me trying to get their DVD/VCR working. 
put it back. It was fine before. Haven’t you heard of the old saying if it isn’t broke, don’t fix it? How about adding programming instead of removing functionality. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.