Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrentonWendell
Reel Rookie

Roku Streaming Stick and use on a Smart TV

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Streaming Stick + on my current tv and have purchased a new smart tv. Do I need to use my streaming stick on the smart tv or can I access it directly on the smart tv without using the streaming stick?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Streaming Stick and use on a Smart TV

Jump to solution

If your Smart TV is a Roku TV, the stick would be redundant.  If it's something else, it has its own apps that are unrelated to the stick and its Roku apps.  You may or may not like the way the TV works if you're used to using Roku devices.  You can always connect the stick to the TV much the same way you'd connect something like a Blu-ray player to get the Roku experience on a non-Roku "smart" TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Streaming Stick and use on a Smart TV

Jump to solution

If your Smart TV is a Roku TV, the stick would be redundant.  If it's something else, it has its own apps that are unrelated to the stick and its Roku apps.  You may or may not like the way the TV works if you're used to using Roku devices.  You can always connect the stick to the TV much the same way you'd connect something like a Blu-ray player to get the Roku experience on a non-Roku "smart" TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.