Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stingray230sx
Channel Surfer

bought a used 3930x -need a power adapter but nothing listed as compatible on roku website

Jump to solution

as title indicates, looking for a power adapter for a 3930x

searched and under the power adapter listings, all say not compatible with the 3930x

one post asked similar when their Roku was indicating low power but I cant find a spec to see if a regular power adapter [ie cell phone] will work..

thanks

douglas hunt

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: bought a used 3930x -need a power adapter but nothing listed as compatible on roku website

Jump to solution

@Stingray230sx-

Roku Express model 3930X requires a standard 5v USB power adapter, such as is used with a cell phone.  Just be sure the fine print on it says it supplies at least 1 amp of current.  More than 1 amp is okay, the Roku will only draw what it needs.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: bought a used 3930x -need a power adapter but nothing listed as compatible on roku website

Jump to solution

Hi @Stingray230sx

Thanks for your inquiry. 

Some Roku streaming players that support USB power do not include a power adaptor. You may use a regular power adaptor that you believe and check it works. If you encounter an issue that your Roku device is not powering on, please refer to this link: What to do if your Roku streaming player will not power on.

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Stingray230sx-

Roku Express model 3930X requires a standard 5v USB power adapter, such as is used with a cell phone.  Just be sure the fine print on it says it supplies at least 1 amp of current.  More than 1 amp is okay, the Roku will only draw what it needs.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Stingray230sx
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks, I have rounded up three different charger blocks with the 5V 1A spec, so I should be good to go

0 Kudos
Faded4298

Jump to solution

Any phone charger that says 5V 1A or more would work I wouldn't use a generic one either. I ran into this problem with my Roku Express and had to spend another $20 to get a proper charger. After speaking to people that live in the area.... the only customers that would actually be interested in this product are ones without a smart TV the problem is that any TV that isn't a smart one the USB port would usually have 5v .5a and plugging it in would only bootloop the device. Anyone that's not really good with technology would either return the device or try to find a spare charger... Even then the person would either not understand why or probably end up spending at least half of what they paid for just to get the device working after purchasing... And I've seen the results of using a generic charger... Which would actually bring up the cost because it's not recommended. The point is people don't really have money to spend or at least wouldn't really want to spend money as if they were buying another device... Especially if the Amazon sticks would be better and a one time purchase.

0 Kudos