Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I Need USB and HDMI cables to make Roku Work to Samsung TV?

Jump to solution

Good afternoon,

Can someone please explain why I need both USB and HDMI connections to my Samsung TV to make Roku work at all? Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why do I Need USB and HDMI cables to make Roku Work to Samsung TV?

Jump to solution

Hi @iamianwhite,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I will be more than willing to provide you with further details on why HDMI and USB cables are needed to connect and work your Roku device to your Samsung TV.

USB cable is used to power your Roku Streaming player. You can connect the USB cable to a wall outlet using the included power adapter, or you can connect it to the USB port on your TV. While HDMI cable allows you to connect a Roku streaming player to your TV using a single cable to transmit audio, video, and communications between devices. HDMI cables can also help simplify how you set up and use your entertainment system.

I hope this information answers your question.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why do I Need USB and HDMI cables to make Roku Work to Samsung TV?

Jump to solution

Hi @iamianwhite,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I will be more than willing to provide you with further details on why HDMI and USB cables are needed to connect and work your Roku device to your Samsung TV.

USB cable is used to power your Roku Streaming player. You can connect the USB cable to a wall outlet using the included power adapter, or you can connect it to the USB port on your TV. While HDMI cable allows you to connect a Roku streaming player to your TV using a single cable to transmit audio, video, and communications between devices. HDMI cables can also help simplify how you set up and use your entertainment system.

I hope this information answers your question.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.