Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ElisComing

What roku device works with hardwired

Jump to solution

I'm totally new at this.  My cable TV is going to be cancelled.  I will have to either stream or get another cable subscription. I'd rather stream which is why I'm here.  Problem is:  I do not use wireless.  I would need to have a roku that can be hardwired.  I've been told that the Roku Express4 is a good option but in looking at it on Amazon it seems that it's made for wireless only.  I don't have a lot of $$ to spend and would like to get two, one for each TV.  The price of the Express4 is good for me.  But if it's made for wireless only, then I would have to find another one. Can someone help me?  I'm frustrated as all get out.  Can you please recommend what Roku would work well for hardwired connection?  Thanks for your help.  Really appreciate it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: What roku device works with hardwired

Jump to solution

The only current model that has an Ethernet port is the Ultra (4802).  Some models support a USB Ethernet adapter.  You can read more about those here.

When it comes to Roku devices it's the model number that's important since they use the names over and over again.  There's no model (and never has been) any model called the "Express4".  The current "Express" models are the "Express" (3960) and the "Express 4k+" (3941).  It's possible that retailers, online or otherwise, have older "Express" models that should probably be avoided and most here would recommend the 3941 over the 3960 even though right now it's twice as much.  You can compare models here:

https://www.roku.com/products/compare

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
ElisComing

Jump to solution

I forgot to add that I don't have long distance and can't call Roku at the number that's listed despite the fact that it says it's toll free.  It isn't toll free.  If there's another number that is toll free, I'd love it if someone could share it.  

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The only current model that has an Ethernet port is the Ultra (4802).  Some models support a USB Ethernet adapter.  You can read more about those here.

When it comes to Roku devices it's the model number that's important since they use the names over and over again.  There's no model (and never has been) any model called the "Express4".  The current "Express" models are the "Express" (3960) and the "Express 4k+" (3941).  It's possible that retailers, online or otherwise, have older "Express" models that should probably be avoided and most here would recommend the 3941 over the 3960 even though right now it's twice as much.  You can compare models here:

https://www.roku.com/products/compare

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos