Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: “We can’t seem to reach you by email”

Jump to solution

Hi @D_roc72 @rgmelen77 @DJTX1,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I understand that you are receiving an error message when activating your Roku device.

If you see ‘Your account activation link expired’ or We can't seem to reach you by Email’ when trying to use the activation link, tap ‘Resend’ on your Roku device and another email will be sent. After a moment, look in your inbox for another message from Roku with a new activation link for you to try.

If you continue to see either message after receiving a new activation link, try activating your Roku device using a different email address.

If you are still having any issues after following these steps, please provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This issue says resolved, however, I am trying to activate Roku on my new Roku TCL tv and I am getting this error message continuously. I tried with my existing Roku email and tried adding a new one, I tried unplugging the tv and starting the process again. Still says " We can't seem to reach you by email."

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @hansonomicon,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I understand that you are unable to complete activating your Roku device. Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

We look forward to your response and we thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cellamt

We Can’t seem to reach you by email

Jump to solution

I keep getting this error message. “We can’t seem to reach you by email.” Yes I’ve restarted and everything. I literally just took it out the box. 
i saw where it was a Roku issue months ago....

0 Kudos
Wellhous
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having the same issue here. Connecting to wifi fine, but even after multiple resets, get the "we can't seem to reach you by e-mail." Very frustrating!!!!!!

Serial number: X000002XEJXT

Device ID: S02Y212XEJXT

0 Kudos
libbybak
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My original issue started yesterday when certain apps would not connect to the network or load, however others did.  For example, I could watch Netflix but Hulu or Amazon Prime would not 'connect to network'.  Wireless signal was indicated excellent.  Tried all the steps from another forum:

1) Check for updates (Settings/System/System updates/Check now) 

2) Change your Theme to the Roku Default (Settings/Theme/Restore default theme) 

3) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock (Settings/Theme/Screensavers) 

4) Remove app, RESTART ROKU (Settings/System/System restart), Add app 

5) Network connection reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) 

6) Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes

7) Factory reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) <--- last resort

Nothing worked.  Got to step 7 with the factory reset and now I can't get past the start up.  I'm able to connect to my home wireless network that works fine on other devices, but when I get to the Roku activation e-mail, it won't send.  It says "We can't seem to reach you be email".  I've tried several different emails.  When I hit 'resend' I'll get the error 'Not connected to the Internet'. If I go to network settings, my wifi is fine and connected. 

Roku TV: 7133X

Serial number: YN001C179688

Device ID: J698A1179688

Please assist, now I can't even watch Netflix 😞

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: We Can’t seem to reach you by email

Jump to solution

@Cellamt

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Wellhous @libbybak 

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
libbybak
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

While I FINALLY was able to confirm my email and actually get back into my Roku tv, I still am having internet connection issues/network error on every app (Hulu, HBO, Amazon, etc) except for Netflix.  Oddly enough, I can watch Netflix just fine.  The wifi is connected and it says 'excellent' strength.  Other smart TVs in the home can load apps like Hulu just fine.  My wifi on my laptop and cell phone also work just fine.  This particular TV worked fine for years and just suddenly started getting the network errors a few days ago.

If you review my previous post, I have done all the typical steps to no avail, including a factory reset (which led me to the email problem in the first place).  

From searching the forums and other users who have had similar problems, people have been able to resolve it by messing with their technical settings within their routers/internet settings.  A lot of the lingo is over my head but I would be willing to mess with my router or modem with further instruction.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Caileen7

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue.. I keep putting in my email address and the same error message pops up..tried using a different email.. and nothing… please help!!!!!!

0 Kudos