Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rosier

VCR not hooking up right or something

I have  Magnavox tv with a Roku device.  I cannot get my Emerson VCR to work properly.  I have great sound but no picture.  I’m really tech illerate and need help. Thankd

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: VCR not hooking up right or something

It might help to mention how it is hooked up.  A guess is that you’re using composite video, but have the composite video out from the VCR plugged into the wrong connector on the TV, or you are telling the TV to select component video instead of composite.  Those old multi-cable hookups do present multiple ways to go wrong. 

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: VCR not hooking up right or something

@Rosier First of all the Roku device has nothing to do with connecting the VCR to the Magnavox TV.  If the wire that you using coming from the VCR is connected to a Red, White, and Yellow on the VCR connect the other end to a Red, White, and Yellow on the Magnavox TV.  If there is no yellow on the TV connect to the Red, White, and Green.  Do not use the orange colored input on the TV.

The Red and White carry the sound so that is connected correctly.  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.