Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaylasim

Unable to control Apex TV with my remote

My Roku express+ will not connect to my Apex tv. It says it’s not compatible to my tv.. I specifically got this one for the power/volume but the remote won’t work at all. What the heck. Any advice? I attempted to return since I bought the protection plan, protection plan referred me to roku.com. I feel like I’m going in circles and cannot return this item

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Unable to control Apex TV with my remote

Where did you purchase the device?  I don't think the protection plan is your correct route since the device is not broke.  If I understand correctly the device works but the remote will not control your TV.  Is that correct?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Try telling it you have a Toshiba tv instead?

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
LLJDAVIS

Try using Apex.  That worked for me.

0 Kudos
Qunesha12

With no remote but roku remote 

0 Kudos
Penguinmomma
Reel Rookie

I have an Apex Digital TV and cannot get my Roku Ultra LT remote to pair with it for volume. I have tried Toshiba, RCA, and all of the names that came up when I typed those in. Anything else I can try?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Qunesha12,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!
We'd like to know more about the issue that you're having with the Roku remote since it can't control the volume. What kind of Roku device are you using right now? (Roku Express, Roku streaming stick, Roku Ultra, Roku stream bar, Roku TV-Specify) Is your Roku device or TV connected to your Wi-Fi?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Penguinmomma,

Greetings from the Roku Community!
We understand you're having trouble controlling the volume of your TV since the Roku remote will not pair. We're happy to assist you. Please try these troubleshooting steps below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Remotes & Devices.
  4. Select Remote.
  5. Choose your voice remote from the list and select Set up remote for TV control.
  6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.

Please let us know how it goes.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Penguinmomma
Reel Rookie

Thank you John. I did follow those steps and the music still plays. Like I said in my previous post I also tried saying I had other brands of tv and am still not having any success. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Penguinmomma,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with your Roku remote issue. Please try to unplug the Roku and its power cable, wait 10 seconds, and plug them back in again to reset the Roku. This can sometimes get the remote to work again, letting you adjust the volume. Change the HDMI port: Plug the Roku into a different HDMI port.

If the problem still continues, please keep us posted.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos