Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ultrafan

Ultra best picture setting for Samsung 90c

Jump to solution

I am using a newer roku ultra and trying to setup picture settings for a Samsung 90c 65 inch. What are the settings for best possible picture? It currently set for automatic at “4k HDR10+” but when I set it for “4k Dolby vision HDR” I get a message my “tv does not support it” do I want to try anyway. If I try it, I see a picture. So should I set it to that? 
also is there any other suggestions for roku or tv I should set.  
thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Ultra best picture setting for Samsung 90c

Jump to solution

Hello! @Ultrafan,

We're thrilled to have you join us here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for contacting us regarding the picture settings for your Samsung 90c 65-inch TV using your Roku Ultra. We are glad to help.

Television manufacturers offer a variety of displays with different resolutions and frame rates. Your Roku® streaming player can be configured to always detect the best resolution and frame rate of your TV, or you can choose to manually select the resolution and frame rate, known together as display type. 

During setup, your Roku streaming player will analyze the HDMI® connection to determine the resolutions and frame rates supported by your TV. If your streaming player can determine the best configuration for your TV, the guided setup process will automatically select the best settings, so you do not have to manually configure the settings. The automatic setting is appropriate for most situations.

For more detailed information about how to configure your Roku player to detect the best resolution, visit our Support page here: How to change the display type on your Roku streaming player

Please keep us updated on your progress, and we will gladly continue to assist you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Ultra best picture setting for Samsung 90c

Jump to solution

Hello! @Ultrafan,

We're thrilled to have you join us here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for contacting us regarding the picture settings for your Samsung 90c 65-inch TV using your Roku Ultra. We are glad to help.

Television manufacturers offer a variety of displays with different resolutions and frame rates. Your Roku® streaming player can be configured to always detect the best resolution and frame rate of your TV, or you can choose to manually select the resolution and frame rate, known together as display type. 

During setup, your Roku streaming player will analyze the HDMI® connection to determine the resolutions and frame rates supported by your TV. If your streaming player can determine the best configuration for your TV, the guided setup process will automatically select the best settings, so you do not have to manually configure the settings. The automatic setting is appropriate for most situations.

For more detailed information about how to configure your Roku player to detect the best resolution, visit our Support page here: How to change the display type on your Roku streaming player

Please keep us updated on your progress, and we will gladly continue to assist you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.