Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Switching between HDMI 1 and Roku

@Anonymous wrote:

@atc9809 Irrelevant.

No, it's not. The OP has a Sony TV, but you claim it's a problem with Samsung TVs. I don't have any Sony TVs, but I've had a Roku connected to different Samsung TVs for over 10 years and never encountered this issue. The oldest TV is now ten years old, while the newest one is less than 6 months. Completely relevant. And if there was such an issue with other TV brands, my experience with LG and Vizio would indicate otherwise. 

My newest Samsung TV has an option when I press the Input button to configure Universal Remote Settings, but I have never configured or used that function. CEC has not done so automatically. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Strega2 

CEC turns off 5 devices with one button press, and switches inputs depending on the remote used, so I think I'll keep it on. I've had problems in the distant past and have had to unplug cables, power down, and reconnect to have devices discovered again to get it working, and that's how I know that the universal remote will also remap buttons when the Roku is discovered. But CEC problems were resolved long ago, basically back to the day an hdmi switch failed and was removed from the chain. But thanks for the suggestion anyway.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@PetuniaGivner-

Roku has nothing to do with, nor can it control, what the TV manufacturer has programmed the TV to do in response to a press of a key on the TV's own remote.  This is a TV function and you need to take your concern to the TV's manufacturer.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.