Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jk_user
Reel Rookie

Switch between TVs in the middle of a stream

This is not a troubleshooting question; I am trying to expand capabilities.  I have a Roku working on one TV, but I would like to set up a different TV in a different room and be able to switch the Roku output between them on the fly.  I know that I could easily get a second Roku stick, or physically move my Roku from one TV to the other, but what I need is to switch it from one TV to another in the middle of a video, without losing my place in the video.  I live alone and am only planning to watch one stream at a time, on one TV at a time.  But the videos I plan to do this with are "nearly live" sports games, and I don't want to have to manually find my place in the video when I move to a different room and switch from one TV to the other.  In other words, I don't want to either have to re-watch a lot, or risk jumping too far ahead and spoiling part of the game result.  The app I am using to stream these games doesn't seem to keep track of my place in the video through my online account, like Netflix would for example.

I understand that the best solution may not be a Roku solution.  Perhaps there is a device I can plug my Roku into that either passes through the HDMI to my TV, or projects it over Wi-Fi to a device plugged into my second TV?  Or perhaps there is a device I could plug into the other TV that I could tell the Roku to directly stream to instead of outputting to its HDMI output?  Arrangements like these would work as well, and I am open to yet other options.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.