Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hopeinal
Binge Watcher

Re: Stuck on “Let’s Get Started” Screen

Okay I pointed my brand new Roku not aftermarket remote at the camera on my phone and pushed several buttons and never saw a flash of light on the phone. I have replaced the brand new batteries in the brand new remote and that didn’t work either.  It it works with my other TV. I believe the problem is that the remote is not recognizing the device. All it shows when I use the mobile Roku remote app on my phone is the Roku device in a different room. It searches and searches but never finds the streaming stick in the TV I’m trying to use. I had the same TV and stick in a different room and had no problem at all.I have been trying for literally MONTHS to get this resolved. I’ve called customer service multiple times. I’ve posted here multiple times. Yet here I am still unable to use my steaming stick even with the new remote on of your service reps told me to buy. I’m appalled that there is no help to be had for Roku customers. 😡😡😡

0 Kudos
Hopeinal
Binge Watcher

Thank you thank you thank you! You solved my problem. I tried what you did and it worked! 

I spoke too soon. It worked fine for a few minutes then stopped working. It worked with the mobile remote but I have guests coming who will using that bedroom TV and can’t very well give them my phone. The I tried using the mobile again and now back to square one where it doesnt recognize the device even though I went through the e tire setup and all was well. Tried doing the reset thing again. No joy. 

0 Kudos
thubten
Reel Rookie

I got it working after being in a stuck loop. "Lets Get Started"

It turns out they don't provide you with an adaptor for USB. I used one from a phone and I just looped and looped. 

When I plugged the USB into the television USB port it all worked.

I think the ROKU needs lots of current that the phone adaptor cannot provide.

0 Kudos
Mythos

I only have mobile remote and it won't connect

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Mythos, you can't get past "Let's get started" without a real remote.  Depending on the model number of your Roku device you may be able to use a universal remote, but you can't use any app as a remote until you get it connected to your network.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Hopeinal
Binge Watcher

I bought a brand new Roku and that didn’t work either. 

thubten
Reel Rookie

I finally figured it iut. Roku in their cost cutting wisdom, do not provide an adaptor so of course we grab an old phone adaptor and power the Roku. The problem is the USB phone adaptors do not provide enough current. I pluged my USB into my TV and the dreaded "Let's get started" went to setup and I was on my way. The ROKU uses allot of current.

Hopeinal
Binge Watcher

I don’t understand. What kind of adaptor? My streaming stick worked perfectly with exactly the same stuff it has now before I moved it to a different room, closer to Wi-Fi so that’s not it. 

0 Kudos
thubten
Reel Rookie

My Roku Express stick comes without a USB adaptor; so you have to provide your own

0 Kudos
Hopeinal
Binge Watcher

If that’s the thing that the USB cable goes in that plugs into the outlet, mine has the same one it had in the living room before I moved it to the bedroom. 

0 Kudos