Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlpolifka

Setting automatic subtitles

Jump to solution

My ROKU TV used to play subtitles only on languages that were not English. My sister turns on CC and when I turn it back off, the automatic subtitles is gone. I don't want to keep turning cc on and off. please fix this. I don't want it on for English but I want it for other languages without needing to switch cc on and off.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: setting automatic subtitles

Jump to solution

Hi @mlpolifka,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with setting up the subtitles on your Roku device automatically. Please be advised that closed captions are available only when the service provider (e.g., Netflix, The Roku Channel, or Hulu) includes them with their content. Check with the service provider for information about the availability of closed captions. You can also check out this support article on how to enable closed captioning for additional information.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: setting automatic subtitles

Jump to solution

Hi @mlpolifka,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with setting up the subtitles on your Roku device automatically. Please be advised that closed captions are available only when the service provider (e.g., Netflix, The Roku Channel, or Hulu) includes them with their content. Check with the service provider for information about the availability of closed captions. You can also check out this support article on how to enable closed captioning for additional information.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos