Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoxanaL
Reel Rookie

Second home- Should I buy all new Roku devices or move them back and forth?

We have a 2nd home, in another state. Should we disconnect all the Roku devices here to take to the other house, or would you suggest just buying new Roku connections and remotes? Don't want to cause problems with the connections we have in the first house.

Thanks!

Roxana

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Second home- Should I buy all new Roku devices or move them back and forth?

You should be able to move them to the other house without much problem.  You'll have to go through the network setup on each device to get it connected and then go through it again when you return them to the original house.  It will remember the Wi-Fi passwords, so you don't have to keep entering them when you go back and forth.

Some people have reported issues with "local channels" on Roku channels/apps that provide cable TV-like channels when they move from one area to another.

When I visit family I take one with me and connect it to their network without any issues.  It's all a matter of how much hassle you can put up with and it's really not much.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos