Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Folkie
Reel Rookie

Re: Lack of communication with email

Jump to solution

Thanks, tried that, reset and tried again. Depending on the email address it either won't send or ignores the the device activation. This seems to be such a common problem you would have thought customer support would have a solution, but support seems more or less non-existent. Think it is going back to the shop.

0 Kudos
Witness7
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku will not send activation link to my email

Jump to solution

when I tried all my regular server email accts and never did get nothing,   I decided to try the gmail one that I made on google.com..... and then once changing it on the tv setting it up to gmail acct I got the activate code in no time.

0 Kudos
Witness7
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

when I tried all my regular server email accts and never did get nothing,   I decided to try the gmail one that I made on google.com..... and then once changing it on the tv setting it up to gmail acct I got the activate code in no time I think gmail is for some reason the only one it will send the code to. 

Bob28
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi

Why does Roku not support their product? Been trying for days to activate and wait for a email which never shows up. Your support page has thousands of users asking the same question.

Activation does not work….

Can you help me?

Robert Armstrong

0 Kudos
WallstreetBulls
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Robert, I suggest getting a gmail or other major current domain account. Roku is not much help on this issue. You can change email later once you activate the device

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Raysgolfing1

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

If you are having an issue with activating your Roku device and are not receiving an activation email, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Joerowq

Jump to solution

I wonder when I go try. again should I back it up with my Yahoo mail account and make super sure the Fiber Optics a fiirree!!?!?!

0 Kudos
Witness7
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I know that no matter what I tried,  until I used a gmail acct I never did get the activation link. Once I  used a old gmail acct I had then I got email within 2 minutes.

0 Kudos
Bgaff1

Jump to solution

@MissBee wrote:

I have done all of the troubleshooting steps multiple times. Serial number JF3049245969. Roku will not send the activation link so I can get going. I have used it on other roku devices. I have tried different email, factory reset.. etc.. I tried last night and never received an email. Please help! 

Mine is the same

0 Kudos