Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hearme
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku stuck on set up language screen and remote won't work

This worked for me, My older Roku connected itself to the new remote so it would not work with the new

Roku player. On your home screen scroll down to settings, in settings scroll to 'remote' to see if more

than one was listed, if so delete one. I picked the one that didn't have a check mark, 

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Luddite52

Re: Roku stuck on set up language screen and remote won't sync help

Just purchased a Roku streaming stick 4K. The serial number appears to be 8010002692. The remote did, I think, pair with the stick or whatever else it's supposed to pair with. Then I pressed OK to confirm the language & nothing on the control works - won't scroll or move to 2nd page of setup. Tried everything - reset button, removing batteries & reinserting, moving remote nearer to the player. Do you think the new remote is a dud?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku stuck on set up language screen and remote won't sync help

Hi @Luddite52

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We would recommend starting with the troubleshooting steps available in this support link: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working. If still no dice, please provide us with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. This can be found on the back of the stick itself. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos