Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ray95

Roku streaming stick remote not connecting at set up

My new Roku streaming stick isn’t connecting to its original remote it connected at set up and after a two days disconnected and won’t reconnect. I tried to reset it and do set up again but it’s not connecting to the remote at all.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
elotto7777

Re: Roku streaming stick remote not connecting at set up

I am having the same problems - my I Phone - I Pad and computer are all wireless and do connect and they sit right next to the stick . ..We need a chat with the company or I am taking back my stick to Best Buy 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku streaming stick remote not connecting at set up

Hi @elotto7777

Thank you for the post!

If you are having trouble connecting the remote to your Roku Streaming Stick during the setup process, there are a few steps you can try:

• Ensure that the batteries in the remote are fully charged and properly installed.
  • Make sure that your Roku Streaming Stick is properly connected to your TV and powered on.
  • Try resetting the Roku Streaming Stick and the remote. To reset the Streaming Stick, unplug it from power and then plug it back in. To reset the remote, remove the batteries and then reinsert them.
  • Move the Roku Streaming Stick closer to your wireless router. This can help ensure a stronger and more stable Wi-Fi connection.
  • Check your Wi-Fi network settings to ensure that your Roku Streaming Stick is connected to the correct network. You can check this by going to Settings > Network > About on your Roku device.
  • Try using the Roku mobile app to control your Roku Streaming Stick instead of the physical remote. The mobile app can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos