Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mfrogers1

Roku not activating stuck on QR screen

I verified my email. It says it’s accepted but the Roku screen is not updating. It just stays on the QR screen. The only option I have is to cancel, which I don’t want to do. It says “return to your original device.” I did. Nothing happens.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku not activating stuck on QR screen

Welcome, @Mfrogers1.

Thanks for sharing here on the Roku Community!

We see that you're having difficulty setting up your Roku. We are delighted to offer our support and help in any way we can.

If you are experiencing this problem, you could attempt the following steps to troubleshoot your Roku:

• Power cycle your Roku Device. You may unplug your Roku Device for at least 5 seconds, then plug it back in to restart it.
  • Try entering your email address manually. If the device is stuck on the QR code screen, you can exit the screen and try manually entering the email address to see if it makes a difference. You will receive an activation link, which you will use to activate the device on the website.
  • Scan the QR code again. If nothing else works, try scanning the QR code again and restart the activation process on the website.

You may refer to this support FAQ for more information about How to activate or link your Roku streaming device.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have more questions.

Regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.