Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrDawgs
Reel Rookie

Roku error 16 whenever I turn on the TV even though it has an excellent wifi connection

This started a few days ago. Every time I turn on the TV (default is to watch OTA TV) I get the message that it doesn't have internet connection (error 16) even though it shows wifi connection excellent in setting and Alexa control works fine proving that the internet connection is good. I've tried restarting and also unplugging from power and then restarting. I'm an IT tech so please understand that when I say wifi is working and the TV has working internet access, it really does. I checked and there is no pending software/firmware update needed according to the menus. (last update was 10/16/2024) unless the update broke something. Software version 14.1 build 4.3200-EG
onn.model 100012589
Hardware ID H834X

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku error 16 whenever I turn on the TV even though it has an excellent wifi connection

Are you using any kind of content blocker on your network?  I've noticed that Roku devices will claim they don't have an Internet connection when they can't reach some site.  I never tried to figure out exactly which site it was.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.