Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lamaco
Reel Rookie

Roku device not working after factory reset

I have had this roku device in my TV for several months now. It was logged in with a friend of mines info, I decided this morning to reset the device to have it all with my info and it seemed to reset fine. But once it fully restarted it sent me to the choose language screen then connect go wifi. Once it connected go the wifi my TV flashed then said no signal. I have tried everything from using a wall plug to turning everything off and back on. To changing out wires nothing. But it'll let me get through the set up on another device but when I plug it back into the TV it previously worked on back go no signal.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Roku device not working after factory reset

@Lamaco When you say it will let me get through the set up on another device do you mean the Roku device is completing set up on a different TV set?  If the Roku device is completing setup on another TV make sure the input you connect to on the original TV is the input selected on the TV.  It sounds like the input on the original TV somehow got changed.

0 Kudos
Lamaco
Reel Rookie

So basically I tried everything I could think of on my TV it wouldn't get passed the wifi connection or software update. But I connected the router device to another TV and it set up properly. It got to the home screen like it should. But I unplugged it and put it into my TV and back to no signal 

0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

@LamacoIf I understand correctly, you're unable to log into your WiFi network which is needed to complete the setup? If so, its possible its a router or channel congestion issue. Best way to find out if its congestion is to use a network analyzer app like WiFi Analyzer for Android or something similar if you have an iPhone. Also curious if you're able to change router settings since you don't state anything about your network. Once you use the network analyzer you'll find out which channels are the most congested and switching to one that's less used by neighbors will resolve that problem. Personally I use a Power Line network and plug my Roku into it via Ethernet port. Regardless, this might help solve the problem.

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
Lamaco
Reel Rookie

Not sure, I get the screen telling me to log into wifi. Then it like says software update then please wait and then loads off and says no signal. Wifi has never been an issue getting this to work before because it worked perfectly fine before i factory reset it 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@Lamaco Can you use the Roku device to watch something on any app like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc... when the Roku device is connected to another TV?  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.