Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James47
Channel Surfer

Roku Ultra to Sound Bar connection problems

Jump to solution

I have a new Roku Ultra 4802R replacing my Firestick that worked fine. I’m trying to connect my Roku streaming player to my LG TV and my Samsung Soundbar. During the setup process my LG TV was auto selected but I was not provided a connection to my soundbar. After completing the installation I discovered I had no power on/off selection for the TV and no sound coming from my soundbar. I had to use the Samsung Remote to adjust sound and LG remote to turn TV on and off. By the way, my TV has an available HDMI/ARC connection. The soundbar has  available HDMI input and output connections. Both the TV and soundbar have optical connections that are currently connected. I also believe the soundbar has Bluetooth capability but not the TV.  So can anybody explain how to connect the three devices to work together to a very senior person who is not very technically knowledgable. Your help is greatly appreciated. I’m 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra to Sound Bar connection problems

Jump to solution

Connect the Sound Bar to hdmi-arc on the tv, connect the Roku to regular hdmi input. Disconnect the optical. If your LG tv can refresh cec devices in settings do it also. If it can't just unplug the devices power for a bit, replug and allow it to recognize the plugged devices as cec device. It won't be instantaneous give it time. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra to Sound Bar connection problems

Jump to solution

Connect the Sound Bar to hdmi-arc on the tv, connect the Roku to regular hdmi input. Disconnect the optical. If your LG tv can refresh cec devices in settings do it also. If it can't just unplug the devices power for a bit, replug and allow it to recognize the plugged devices as cec device. It won't be instantaneous give it time. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.