Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jack18

Roku Ultra no prompts on TV Screen

Jump to solution

I need assistance to get my Roku Ultra running after an internet outage.  My Roku firestick in another room works fine but I can't get the Ultra to reset.  I followed the startup instructions but do not get the TV to acknowledge the Roku, as I get no prompts on the screen.  Can someone please help?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra no prompts on TV Screen

Jump to solution

Welcome, @Jack18.

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand that your Roku Ultra is experiencing unintended behavior. We're here to help you get it back up and running.

If you only see a blank screen on your TV even though everything is connected, you may need to check the following to see if it resolves the issue:

• Check if the cables are correctly seated at the back of the TV. Some cables might be loosely connected, resulting in poor power transmission and connection from the device to the TV.
  • Make sure that your Roku Ultra has a light on. The light on your device indicates that it receives power and is turned on. If you don't see the light coming from the device, go back to the step above.
  • Try a different power outlet. If the steps above did not resolve the issue, you may need to check if the power outlet where it was plugged in has sufficient power supply.
  • Check your TV's input source. It should be tuned in with the device. (If the device is on HDMI 1, try switching the source to HDMI 1).

Consider implementing the suggested steps above, as they may lead to an improvement in your current situation. 

For additional information, visit this support FAQ on What to do if you cannot see the picture from your Roku® streaming player on your TV.

Let us know how this works.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
mau2

Jump to solution

I'm no expert but remember it's a small computer device. Try shutting down your system or simply doing a "system restart".  Sometimes I've physically unplugged devices for 20 seconds or so, then reconnecting while everything is shut down. Then normal start up.. and fingers crossed. Good luck! 

RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, @Jack18.

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand that your Roku Ultra is experiencing unintended behavior. We're here to help you get it back up and running.

If you only see a blank screen on your TV even though everything is connected, you may need to check the following to see if it resolves the issue:

• Check if the cables are correctly seated at the back of the TV. Some cables might be loosely connected, resulting in poor power transmission and connection from the device to the TV.
  • Make sure that your Roku Ultra has a light on. The light on your device indicates that it receives power and is turned on. If you don't see the light coming from the device, go back to the step above.
  • Try a different power outlet. If the steps above did not resolve the issue, you may need to check if the power outlet where it was plugged in has sufficient power supply.
  • Check your TV's input source. It should be tuned in with the device. (If the device is on HDMI 1, try switching the source to HDMI 1).

Consider implementing the suggested steps above, as they may lead to an improvement in your current situation. 

For additional information, visit this support FAQ on What to do if you cannot see the picture from your Roku® streaming player on your TV.

Let us know how this works.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos