Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TechCalin

Roku Ultra 4850CA Freezes on boot

Just bought a Roku Ultra 4K (model 4850CA) this weekend and am having nothing but issues getting this box to boot up. Right out of the box, using the provided power supply and HDMI the unit shows the Roku logo as expected but immediately freezes; sometimes the log will bounce and move but it freezes soon afterward.

I have attempted multiple factory resets to varying success, I have only once gotten to the setup screen before the unit freezes and have not gotten as far as a network screen to force an update. I have attempted leaving it unplugged for a couple hours with no change, I have booted it without the HDMI attached and left it for an hour, it still seems to just loop and never gets as far as the initial configuration window.

The instructions for recovery mode don't seem to force the unit into any other mode, instructions on this site only cover Roku TV manual updates/recovery situations. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra 4850CA Freezes on boot

Hi @TechCalin,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We want to investigate further your issue with the new Roku Ultra. Is your Roku device currently plugged into a receiver?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.