Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku TV wont connect dorm wifi as browser doesnt pop up

I recently moved into my uni accommodation and brought a smart TV with me. I have an ethernet cable (cannot use wireless) which allows it to connect to the halls, but I get to the part where it says to connect to its wifi and input the password, which is fine but then when i open my browser nothing happens, so I cannot connect the TV. The TV was set up before I came on my home wifi and I have been using it a bit on my mobile hotspot (although this is using up a lot of data, so not a long term solution) and I have checked if the TV needs updating, which it doesnt. Ive tried restarting the TV and my phone. Ive disconnected from the TV wifi and forgot the network so i can input the password again to try get it to connect more times than i can count! It is so infuriating and im going to end up returning the TV as it is useless if it wont connect!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.