Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisaaaataylor
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streaming Stick + "No Signal" - Tried EVERYTHING!!

Jump to solution

We’re you able to resolve the no signal issue? I’ve tried everything and it’s not my wireless network because Vizio platform works fine. I have a brand new 4K tv. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Lisaaaataylor wrote:

We’re you able to resolve the no signal issue? I’ve tried everything and it’s not my wireless network because Vizio platform works fine. I have a brand new 4K tv. 

Not necessarily. Not all Roku devices work on all network bands, or channels. What Roku device do you have? Include the model number, and Software version.

Settings > System > About

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Lisaaaataylor
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a streaming stick + 3810x. Software 9.40

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Lisaaaataylor wrote:

I have a streaming stick + 3810x. Software 9.40

I have the same device running the same software version. I'm having no issue connecting. 

Does your Stick+ see the network but won't connect, or does it not even see the network at all?

Do you know if your network is broadcasting on 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, or both? And do you know what channel on each band?

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Lisaaaataylor
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My network broadcasts both and it plays shows on Roku; just goes black every couple minutes with the no signal message. Same tv works fine with Netflix so it’s just roku issue. I’ve changed hdmi port, slowed bit rate, rebooted etc. I am ready to just return it. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

That is odd. I have a Stick+ running on a Vizio TV without issue. Still, it could be something in that Vizio that's not shielded and is interfering with the Stick+, but it could just as easy be a defective Stick+.

If it's a recent purchase, it may be easiest to return/replace it from the store. If it's not a recent purchase, but still under warranty, I'd look into warranty replacement from Roku.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
newfdoc

Re: No signal

Jump to solution

Hi - I am a ROKU subscriber, receiving a "no signal" message. I have tried everything that I know how to do....I have a ROKU CK37D9010343, model 4660X2.

It was working previously, but always a fight between the DirecTV remote and the ROKU remote. Now the ROKU remote is not communicating with the TV at all, nor the ROKU unit. I have a Samsung Smart TV, model UN65NU740DF. I also have a unit on another TV, also receiving "no signal" message. Also a Samsung Smart TV.

Can you help?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No signal

Jump to solution

Hi @newfdoc,

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are having an error message of " No signal".

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: Is there a light showing on your device? How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into the wall outlet with the provided cables? In addition, have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as trying your device on another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue with no signal?

You may also refer to this link: What should I do if I see the "Low signal strength" message? | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Many thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
alexsid
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku no signal

Jump to solution

Model: 3810CA - Roku Streaming Stick+

S/N: YH0061953063

Device ID: 2650D6953063

Channel: Roku Media Player only (everything works fine for with Amazon and Criterion channels).

issue ID: 63-214-460

Additional details: I'be bought it in April, started using on Apr 21 and everything worked great. Then after an update around May 12 I noticed that while playing with Media Player some videos I can hear only clicks. Changing HDMI Audio mode from Auto to  Dolby/DTS restored the sound but with dropouts every 10-20s.

I see the dropouts both with HE-AAC and AC3 (interestingly enough, some AC3 tracks play fine!).

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku no signal

Jump to solution

@McMike @alexsid

Thanks for the posts and providing us with the information that we have requested.

I have passed along your information to the appropriate team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.