Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CowFarmer
Reel Rookie

Roku Express Won’t Turn On

I’m having the same issue but it’s not a brand new device I’ve had it for a year and all of a sudden it won’t work at all and I’ve tried things 

Roku Express (3930, 3931 series)  

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar Won’t Turn On

Hi @CowFarmer

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We're sorry to hear that you are unable to turn on your Roku Express. Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: What to do if your Roku streaming player will not power on

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
CowFarmer
Reel Rookie

@RokuNimfa-C  It is powered though a wall outlet. I’ve even tried switching cords and adapters 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@CowFarmer

Thanks for the update. 

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku Streambar? Each Roku player and Roku audio device has its serial number or device ID printed on the bottom or back of the product. Once we have this information, we'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos