Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ls1997

Roku Express 4K not working

I purchased my Roku Express 4K+ from Amazon about 5 months ago.  As I use it in a spare bedroom, it doesn't get a lot of use, probably under 30 times in the last 5  months, but with no issues.  Attempted to watch tv today.  The remote would turn on the tv but not the Roku.  After several attempts, one time I saw the light flicker for a second.  It was very quick, but seemed like possibly was either a blue light with red ring around it, or a red light with a blue ring around it.  Can't recall for sure.  The light on front only came on that one time during about 30 minutes of working with it.  Just for the heck of it, I changed the remote batteries but still wouldn't work.  I tried doing a reset, but still nothing.   Amazon representative stated that my Roku Express 4K+ has a 1 year product warranty from Roku, but that's not what I'm seeing on my account. Thanks for your suggestions. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express 4K not working

For warranty information, try:

Step by step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

However, the first thing to check is the power adapter.  If you're using the TV's USB port and not the supplied power adapter try the supplied power adapter.  If you are already, try one from a phone or tablet or even give the TV's USB port a try.

Also, Roku devices don't turn off.   That power button on the remote is strictly for the TV.  Some devices go into a "power saving" mode from which they can be awakened by pressing Home on your Roku remote a couple of times.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos