Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kayy6

Red light on tv wont turn on

• My red light is on not blinking I tried resetting and unplugging my tv will not turn on 
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Red light on tv wont turn on

Hi @Kayy6,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with your TV. We'd like to know more about the issue that you are experiencing. What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV; specify TV brand) How are you powering your TV? When did the issue occur? What were the steps that you took for the issue to occur? With more details, we will be able to assist you further.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
VALERIE83

This also my issue.  I am using a Roku Express 4K on a non-smart RCA TV with WiFi connection.  The device is paired with my TV, however the remote will NOT turn my TV on. 
I have spent 2 1/2 hours & a lot of frustration trying to get my remote to turn ON the TV. 
I have removed the cable wires from the  Roku device, held the “reset” button on the Roku device for 30 seconds, waited until the Roku home screen came up, reinstalled the batteries, waited for the green pairing light to flash & tried pairing my remote according to directions on the Roku website & troubleshooting available topics only to become more frustrated. i will work to go to settings, open apps, change channels, it will also turn TV off but not ON. Prior to purchasing the Roku Express 4K we had a  a Roku streaming stick for 6 years 2017-2023. 
I am unable to find a solution to this issue. 
I am not sure where to locate the model number of this Roku Express 4K 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate you for joining us here at the Roku Community, @VALERIE83!

Thanks for raising your concern here with us. May we first know if you've tried to plug your Roku Express 4K on a different TV to see if it will make any difference? If so, and the issue still persists, it must be hardware trouble. Additionally,  when and where did you purchase your device? It may be possible that you are still under warranty, and they can process a replacement for you. 

We'll be looking forward to your update!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.