Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Roku TV |Network Connection Issues After OS Update

Hi Community users,

We have received reports that some users with Roku TV are experiencing difficulty connecting to their home network following a recent OS update.

This issue is currently being investigated.

To assist us in resolving this, please provide the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version (accessible via Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID (to obtain this, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times when the issue occurs).
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

We appreciate your cooperation and are committed to finding a solution to this problem. Thank you!

Best regards,
Roku Community users

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
37 REPLIES 37
Sarah726
Reel Rookie

Roku TV Suddenly Unable to Connect to Network

About a week ago, my Roku TV stopped automatically connecting to my wifi when turning on. All other home devices are connected fine. I have reset and unplugged my router, and unplugged the tv. When in Network/setup connection menu, the wireless scan with just scan forever and not show me a list of networks. To work around this, I must do a system restart under the power menu every time I turn on the tv. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Wifi Not Connecting, always have to restart system

Try enabling "Fast TV start" under Settings->System->Power.  Let us know if that helps.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Sarah726
Reel Rookie

No luck 😞

0 Kudos
Jonny0
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem.  I assume a TV software update introduced this bug a couple weeks ago.

0 Kudos
PCB3rd
Reel Rookie

Spoiler

I am having the same issue and like someone else posted, I think the issue stems From the June 4 update my TV received.  Posting here in hopes that someone at Roku Notice notices and realizes another update is needed to fix

nverdulla
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issues. I have disconnected, rebooted, check the connections (which is strong connection). When I get it connected and start to stream my channel (Hulu, Max, Pure Flix, etc) it goes to lost signal, no connection. It's even stopped in the middle of trying to set my connections in settings to reboot. It's annoying!!!

0 Kudos
Jmvillegas79
Reel Rookie

My WiFi shows on available networks, but all of a sudden it’s not allowing me to connect.

This has been for last few hours, my phone and tablet are both working fine on the WiFi 

0 Kudos
Cray19044

ROKU tv not connecting 2 internet, Unable to connect to wireless network.

All of the sudden, my Roku tVs "not connected", for no reason. So, I have 2 go under Network> Set up connection>Wireless>Scan again and something flashes on the screen. I hit,  "Scan Again" over &over til I figure out its saying, "Looking for wireless networks" but as soon as it pops up, it disappears. 

So then I choose private network cause mine is anyways, so I put in my network name and password. Up pos a box that says,  "CHECKING... Wireless Connection &it fails. "Unable to connect the wireless network." But none of my other electronics are having problems. Not sure why it cut off of my TV and why it's not letting me connect, nvr had thus problem b4 and its pissing me off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
ct3262016

I am having the same issue. No connectivity is unacceptable. When are we going to get a resolution!?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.