Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andersen

ROKU Express 4K+ just stopped working and reset does nothing

I've been happily using my ROKU Express 4K+ since Feb 2024, now it won't engage or start up. I've tried everything—new remote batteries, restarting and unplugging everything, factory reset. Nothing changed, but it just fails to boot up. A blue light flashes a few times then nothing. I've ordered a new one so we'll see if that works.... if so then this one simply died. If not then I'm up the creek!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU Express 4K+ just stopped working and reset does nothing

Do you see anything on the screen when it's powered on? I'm referring to the dancing Roku logo when you first power the Roku on. If you don't see that, then try it on a different TV/display. If there's still nothing, then yes it died but should be covered under warranty (one year in the US). If you see the dancing logo when connected to a different TV, then you have TV issues, not the Roku itself. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Andersen

No, nothing on the screen (no dancing Roku logo). I've got no other tv to test it on. New ROKU Express 4K+ coming tomorrow. Finger's crossed.

FYI: I was on chat with ROKU but no luck. I've tried everything. Unplugging everything and doing a factory reset of the ROKU did nothing. And now the ROKU box is not findable. When I plug it in the blue light goes on for a moment, blinks then goes dark and the remote no longer activates the box.

I'll report back once I get the new ROKU...

0 Kudos
atc98092

Yeah, no dancing logo means the boot loader isn't even working. That pretty much indicates a dead box. Too bad you have no other display with an HDMI port that you test it on. Even a computer monitor with no sound would at least verify if it's attempting to boot.

But as I said, if you're in the US it has a one year warranty, so Roku should offer a free replacement once you determine it really has died. 

Dan

Andersen

When I plug the player into my computer via HDMI still nothing.

ROKU doesn't seem to make it easy to get a free replacement. But I'll keep trying.

0 Kudos
atc98092

The HDMI jack on your computer is only an output. You can't plug something in and see it on the monitor. Just have to wait and see if the new one works correctly. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.