Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArborAdmin

Providing Roku Sticks for Residents

We're a large retirement community with around 350 locations/units.  We want to start providing these for our residents as our cable provider has an app that would eliminate the residents from using cable boxes.

What we're trying to determine is the best way to set these up.  Is there some sort of Corporate setting that they could go under one account for us to control app usage?

The issue is that under a single account if any user installs an app, all the sticks will receive that app.  Vice versa as well, a user deletes an app, all the sticks will delete that app.  This is when they're under a single email/account.

Obviously we could create an email/account for each unit, but that seems cumbersome.

Has anyone else in the community went this route, and if so how did you implement and what pitfalls do you know of now that you could suggest to us?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Providing Roku Sticks for Residents

There's nothing like that that I've ever heard of.  It's been stated that 20 devices is the limit that can be linked to one Roku account.

Given my experience with older folks and technology I wish you luck!

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.