Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zstains

Photo stream censorship for Backdrops

I'm trying to upload photographs to use as my backdrop folder. The photographs are all of classical statues and art, paintings, sculptures, etc. all of the ones that show anything resembling a female breast or male genitalia are flagged as 'inappropriate content' even though these are universally admired works of art in some cases hundreds of years old. Is there anyway to get around this ridiculous censorship? Who does Roku think they are? I just created my account and I'm ready to cancel it and toss the brand new Roku TV I just bought in favor of getting something less moralistically superior. If there is an obvious solution to this that I've missed that I apologize for my rant, but no matter how you look at it the first impression here is that Roku is appearing to say that it knows more about what each of us need privately then we do. The Backdrops Stream isn't even public so the idea of censoring it is beyond ridiculous, it's arrogant and deeply insulting. I suppose if I want to put pictures of my kids splashing around in the bath on my Backdrops that too would be censored because naked children are unnatural and offensive? What was it Oscar Wilde said? "If God had intended man to be naked he would've been born that way".  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.