Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Razzy
Reel Rookie

On Roku 4k stick change inputs

Jump to solution

If I have a Roku stick on an old Samsung TV it works fine but if I want to change the input and go to my regular TV to watch my my cable provider U-verse how do I do that?

Can the Roku change inputs?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: On Roku 4k stick change inputs

Jump to solution

You're going to have to switch remotes anyways to control the tv or uverse, that remote should have the tv input command. Roku remotes are strictly for controlling roku's, yes it controls the tv power and volume but that's it. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You're going to have to switch remotes anyways to control the tv or uverse, that remote should have the tv input command. Roku remotes are strictly for controlling roku's, yes it controls the tv power and volume but that's it. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mjbruder

Jump to solution

I'll just point out that other streaming players like Amazon FireTV have no problem changing the TV input through the ARC/CEC HDMI port. You can even ask Alexa to "switch to HDMI 1" or "switch to HDMI 2" and it will do it. This shouldn't be that difficult for Roku to implement.

0 Kudos