Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mishikal
Channel Surfer

New Roku Ultra power and input issues

I've owned Roku's for years, and periodically refresh the Ultras that I have.  The latest batch are the worst I've ever had.  Why?

• The front LED on the front *never* turns off. I've resorted to what others have noted in the thread on this, and taped it over.  My older Ultras always would turn off the front LED after it was inactive for a period of time.
  • When I hit the power button, it will turn off my T.V., then immediately turn it back on, and about 50% of the time start randomly playing something. It takes 4-5 attempts to get the T.V. to stay turned off.
  • The "Home" button no longer switches the input on my T.V. to the Roku if it's on another input.  This worked with all prior Roku Ultra's I've owned.

Avoid at all cost.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New Roku Ultra power and input issues

Hi, @Mishikal.

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We want to take a closer look at the issue you're running into.

For more details about it, can you please provide us with the information below for better visibility;

• When did this issue first occur?
  • Can you please provide us with the latest software version of your Roku Ultra?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, try turning on the 1-touch play on your Roku by navigating to Settings > System > Control other devices. Then, put a checkmark on the 1-touch play option. This will tell your TV to automatically switch its active source/input to your Roku player when pressing any button on your Roku remote. Try this to resolve the input issue on your TV with your Roku Ultra.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

Sincerely,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mishikal
Channel Surfer

Hello,

1 touch is already check marked.  I have never had this issue with any other Roku Ultra, just the latest model.

RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @Mishikal.

To fully grasp into this issue, please provide more information above this post. We appreciate your prompt response regarding this matter. We will be passing this forward to the relevant team for further review.

In addition to the information, please also provide the following, 

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Many thanks,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

@Mishikal 

Hey there,

Sorry to hear you are having some frustration with the new Roku Ultra. I can't address the first 2 ssues you mentioned but I may be able to help you with the 3 issue and make it so you can have this function again. I have a older version and I do enjoy that feature you speak of.

So regarding the home button let me know what kind of TV you're using the Roku Ultra with

What you want to do is turn on the feature HDMI-CEC (Consumer Electronic Control). Note that every TV manufacture calls this feature by a different name. With that said feel free to look it up and see if you're TV has this feature or let me know what kind of TV you own and I can look into it. If it does in fact have this feature then turn it on and you'll be able to hit the home button like you used to and have the same results!

Keep me posted. Hopefully your TV can. If so, you'll get a win with at least 1 of the 3 issues.

Mishikal
Channel Surfer

Hello,

To be very clear here: All I've done is switch which version of Roku Ulta I'm using.  The TV is the same. If I use the older Roku Ultra, everything works as expected.  If I use the new one, the issues I noted occur (outside of the power off/on issue.  That happens with every 4800+ series Ultra and appears related to a software update).  HDMI-CEC is enabled.  Same HDMI cord, same power cord, the ONLY difference is the Roku Ultra model.

WORKING MODEL:

Model: 4800X

SN: S02A21AUMJF0

BROKEN MODEL:

Model: 4802X

SN: S0DA244N14EV

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.