Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pdxeric

New Roku Express - Remote Not Working

The remote for my brand new Roku Express isn't working, even at very close range. I can't even select a language on the very first setup screen. 

Troubleshooting I've tried:

- Confirmed I'm pointing the remote at the correct part of the device

- Confirmed the batteries are installed correctly (both pointing the same direction)

- Replaced the batteries

- Unplugged the device for 30 seconds

- Tried a different HDMI port

Anything I might be missing before I return the device?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New Roku Express - Remote Not Working

@pdxeric wrote:
... Confirmed the batteries are installed correctly (both pointing the same direction) ...

As I don't have a Roku Simple Remote (the one that ships with the Roku Express) I can't confirm the orientation of the batteries, but I do know that some remotes have the batteries point in the same direction, and some remotes have the batteries in opposite directions.

Verify the proper orientation of the batteries.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New Roku Express - Remote Not Working

You can confirm if your remote is sending IR signals by pointing it at a digital camera (one in a phone or tablet will do) and pressing a button or two.  If working you should be able to see flashes on the camera view screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.