Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdavie3
Channel Surfer

Never-ending software update for Roku Ultra LT (2019 model 4662RW)

Jump to solution

I purchased a Roku Ultra LT (model 4662RW) and have begun the setup process. The remote has paired, however the software update has been running for more than two hours and nothing has happened (other than the white light on the front of the unit continues to flash). Is this normal? How long should the update take? I am connected to the internet via Ethernet and the connection is good. I have already tried disconnecting and then reconnecting the power, but the same thing happens - no progress, just a flashing device light/icon, and a black television screen.

Note, this is my second Roku. My old model, a Premier did not have this issue when I initially set it up.

Any suggestions?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sdavie3
Channel Surfer

Re: Never-ending software update for Roku Ultra LT (2019 model 4662RW)

Jump to solution

Okay, for some reason after resetting the device numerous times and connecting it to another television the setup process, software update and reboot finally all worked.  I now have two Roku Ultra LTs up and running side by side on two separate televisions and have my fingers crossed that they will continue to function independently!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

That's definitely not normal.  The update should only take a few minutes at most.  It may not do anything, but try a factory reset.  Locate the reset button (I think it's on the bottom) and with the power connected press and hold it for no less than 30 seconds.  If you still can't complete the initial update, the only other thing I could suggest is to try connecting to your phone's hotspot, if possible, just to get through the initial setup.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
sdavie3
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

FYI, there does not appear to be a reset button anywhere on the device.

0 Kudos
sdavie3
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My mistake!  I found it and am now awaiting to see if anything changes.

0 Kudos
sdavie3
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

After pressing the reset button on the bottom of the Roku device, the setup process re-initiated.  The remote was again paired and the software update was supposedly 100% completed, but the same black screen with a flashing white light/icon on the front of the device still results!  I'm guessing I just have a bad/defective device.  Fortunately, I've actually got a second brand new Ultra LT that I will try on the same TV with the same Ethernet connection to see if the first Ultra LT indeed defective, or if there's something problematic on my end (TV, internet, etc.).

0 Kudos
sdavie3
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Okay, for some reason after resetting the device numerous times and connecting it to another television the setup process, software update and reboot finally all worked.  I now have two Roku Ultra LTs up and running side by side on two separate televisions and have my fingers crossed that they will continue to function independently!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.