Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luis_pr
Reel Rookie

Network Connection Issue from Roku, Wireless Adapter, something else

I am trying to set up a Roku 4+ Stick from Walmart and I connected the Roku to my 47" wide by 29" tall, smart -but old- Panasonic TV (not a 4K TV) Model TC-P50S30's HDMI port. I also have a wireless Netgear WNDA3100 USB Adapter connected to one of the TV’s USB Port. to get power. I am unsure if this combination is acceptable and will work as the TV instructions only refer to a  Panasonic wireless adapter and others told me to try it anyway. To start with, I removed the adapter’s current software from my Windows 10 PC prior to using the adapter and then re-installed and set it up to connect to the router’s 2.4G band connection with the router’s latest passwords. The set up software process for the adapter indicated that I successfully connected to the Internet. But when I inserted the adapter into the TV’s USB port and tried to click on Amazon Prime, the TV asked me to connect with an Ethernet cable or with a compatible Panasonic wireless adapter. So I am now not sure on where to concentrate (which equipment): the Roku 4+, the router, the Netgear WNDA3100 wireless adapter or the Panasonic TC-P50S30 TV. Or is there another issue elsewhere. I use the router’s 2.4G connection with other tablets, laptops, etc. and the same room as the TV and these have no problems. Suggestions??? TIA, Luis

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Network Connection Issue from Roku, Wireless Adapter, something else

@Luis_pr, it's not clear what you're trying to accomplish.  The wireless adapter wouldn't have anything to do with the Roku stick and vice versa.  If you have a Roku stick, you can forgo the TV's smart apps and just use the the Amazon Prime channel/app (Roku calls apps "channels") on the Roku device.

It sounds like the wireless adapter isn't compatible with your TV, but that's not a Roku issue.  Do you need help with the setup of the Roku stick?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.