Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PacklessSheWolf
Reel Rookie

My extender broke on my streaming stick

Hi I have had my Roku for sometime now and always made sure to disconnect it if I'm moving the tv.

The one time I didn't remove it ended up with snapping the connector plug (the part that goes into the stick itself) I have been trying for 3 days to locate a replacement but I can't unless I want to pay for a  brand new stick

I'm on a low/fixed income and can't afford to buy one I saw someone posted that there is a free one. How do I find that? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My extender broke on my streaming stick

The free extender is nothing more than a short (6") cable that the stick plugs into.  If you broke the connector off of the stick that plugs into the TV, the extender wouldn't do you any good.  If you broke the connector off of the USB cable that powers the stick, you'd need a new cable.  What exactly did you break?  Can you post a picture?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
PacklessSheWolf
Reel Rookie

Hi I keep closing the page and losing my reply I'm not real good with this stuff but I will give it a shot

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2F1sPG5RUzcnz7GC8

Hope this worked and can help.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

That looks like the end of the USB cable that powers the stick. Is the connector in the stick OK or is it damaged? Have you tried it the way it is? What's the model number written on the stick somewhere? Depending on the model you may need a cheap cable or a much more expensive one (or one that's out of stock).
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.