Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anambrose

Moving from a Roku4 (2015) to a new Ultra 2023 can I transfer pref's from the old to the new?

Jump to solution

I just bought a Roku Ultra at Best Buy. The same Best Buy I bought the Roku 4 in 2015. I asked in the store if I could hook the two up to transfer preferences from the old to the new w/o having to do a channel setup from scratch. Polite blank stares then someone mentioned getting saved preferences from Roku's website. I last logged in to Roku before the pandemic. Even longer back for the my.roku.com/link. If my password for Roku has expired I'll assume it's the same for the my roku link. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Moving from a Roku4 (2015) to a new Ultra 2023 can I transfer pref's from the old to the new?

Jump to solution

Hi @anambrose

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We can understand your concern that you want to transfer your preferences from your previous device to your current new Roku device.

In order to do that, you simply need to activate the new device to the Roku account. Once successfully linked, the channels that are installed and purchased, as well as the preferences and account settings will be the same on the device.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How to add a Roku® streaming device to your Roku account | Official Roku Support

Check out the detailed articles below to browse more information about how to set up a Roku device and find answers to common questions:

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Moving from a Roku4 (2015) to a new Ultra 2023 can I transfer pref's from the old to the new?

Jump to solution

Hi @anambrose

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We can understand your concern that you want to transfer your preferences from your previous device to your current new Roku device.

In order to do that, you simply need to activate the new device to the Roku account. Once successfully linked, the channels that are installed and purchased, as well as the preferences and account settings will be the same on the device.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How to add a Roku® streaming device to your Roku account | Official Roku Support

Check out the detailed articles below to browse more information about how to set up a Roku device and find answers to common questions:

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If you log in using the same Roku account, it will automatically install the same channels, and maybe even some channel logins will transfer over, too. The screen layout (order of channels) and other preferences are device specific, so you will need to redo those.

0 Kudos