Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peachiee

Keeps dropping wifi connection

I'm seeing alot of other people with the same issue. Tv keeps disconnecting from wifi every time I turn the TV off and on. I have to keep reseting the network in advanced settings for it to reconnect or find any wifi. This is very frustrating. I've tried all the troubleshooting that's been suggested to others and no solution. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Dacz8976
Reel Rookie

Re: Keeps dropping wifi connection

I’m having the same issue. Tried resetting network settings and it still does the same thing. I have to unplug the tv and plug it back in for it to connect or reset the network settings and retype my WiFi password every time I turn the tv on. Very annoying

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Peachiee@Dacz8976,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issue you've been experiencing with the WiFi connection and for the steps you took to resolve it.

We want to learn more about this, but we need more details:

• What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV)
  • Are there any changes in the setup or settings of your Roku device or your network provider that might cause the problem?
  • Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel? If so, could you please send us a photo?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?
  • Who is your ISP? (Internet service provider)

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dacz8976
Reel Rookie

We have a 55” Roku tv that was purchased at Costco. Model 55R4A6

No changes were made on any settings before the problem started happening. We have 2 other Roku tvs that are functioning completely normally on the same network and the one that is messed up is actually closest to the router. 

No error message. It just isn’t connected to the internet after being off for any amount of time and if you try to connect to the internet it just spins and loads and nothing comes up. The only fixes I have found are unplugging the tv and plugging it back in (when it turns back on it is connected to the internet with no problems), going to settings and restarting the device (same thing happens just connects normally after restarting), restarting network settings on the tv (then you have to connect to the WiFi and type in the password, but then works normally). 

I have restarted my router, checked for updates on my router and tv, reset network settings on tv, tried turning bandwidth saver off and turning quick start tv on, read through these boards looking for other solutions. Seems like a fairly common problem and I didn’t see any other solutions. 

we have att fiber, like I said other Roku tvs have no issue with the internet and when it is connected there are no issues with losing connection or it not being fast enough. It’s only after the tv has been turned off for a while. 

0 Kudos
Dacz8976
Reel Rookie

Called Roku customer service. They had me reset my network settings and change my router to 2.4 ghz only instead of dual band. It didn’t fix the issue and I still have to restart it every time I turn it on to get it to connect to the internet. 

0 Kudos