Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhubel
Reel Rookie

Input selection popup repeats

I just upgraded to the ROKU Ultra and now every 60 seconds I get a pop up on the bottom of the screen showing the TV input. I have turned off "1-touch play" and that does not help. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Input selection popup repeats

I would try reseating the HDMI cable at both ends.  (Pull it out and push it back in and make sure it is all the way in.) If that doesn’t work, I’d try the previous (or another) HDMI cable, and/or a different HDMI port in the TV.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
mhubel
Reel Rookie

Thanks but I tried that and also replaced the cable. The input selection still pops up every 60 seconds. It did not do this with the previous Roku box.

0 Kudos
mhubel
Reel Rookie

for the moment the problem is gone but for the wrong reason. The TV is locked into an invalid mode where it will not accept any commands from its own remote. Only the on/off works. In this mode, the input select popup went away. I assume it would be back if I do a factory reset of the TV.  Given that ROKU seems not to be able to fix this, I am leaving it this way.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.