Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darla1949

How to removed my Roku account before giving away my Roku device

Jump to solution

I am writing you as you seem to know a little and cannot find a chat here on roku.com    I am replacing y my older roku with new ones with voice.  wonder if the info will stay on old roku device? as I want to give to a friend to try  OR  is there a way to erase before installing the new roku  device?    please  let me know  and answer via           thanks in advance      Darlene

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to removed my Roku account before giving away my Roku device

Jump to solution

@Darla1949 please edit your post (the three dots on the right, then click edit) and remove your email address. It's dangerous to post your personal information in a public forum.

When you no longer want to use a Roku, you can perform a factory reset which removes all trace of your current usage, including email address, WiFi credentials, and channel/app logins. Go into the Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset and perform the steps listed.

Once it reboots, it's a "clean" device. Now log into your Roku user account (https://my.roku.com) and find this device in your list and delete it. Even if you don't perform this step, it still cannot reconnect to your account without someone knowing and having access to your email account used for your Roku account. But it's just good practice to remove it there as well.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to removed my Roku account before giving away my Roku device

Jump to solution

@Darla1949 please edit your post (the three dots on the right, then click edit) and remove your email address. It's dangerous to post your personal information in a public forum.

When you no longer want to use a Roku, you can perform a factory reset which removes all trace of your current usage, including email address, WiFi credentials, and channel/app logins. Go into the Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset and perform the steps listed.

Once it reboots, it's a "clean" device. Now log into your Roku user account (https://my.roku.com) and find this device in your list and delete it. Even if you don't perform this step, it still cannot reconnect to your account without someone knowing and having access to your email account used for your Roku account. But it's just good practice to remove it there as well.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.