Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Get Roku Ultra home screen on startup

Jump to solution

Got through setup of my new Roku Ultra just fine. Now only problem is every time I turn on the tv, the HiSense home screen comes up and I have to hit the back button on the remote to go to HDMI 2 where my Roku Ultra is. My last Roku Ultra didn't do this. How do I bypass that HiSense home screen.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to Get Roku Ultra home screen on startup

Jump to solution

@FloridaGal1234 

Try enabling 1-touch play in the Roku Settings.

Settings/System/Control other Devices/1-touch play [checkmark to enable]

With this feature enabled, when your TV is off, pressing the Home button (or any other button on the Roku remote other than Power and volume keys), should power your TV on, wake your Roku device, and switch to the appropriate HDMI input automatically. (you should now be on the Roku Home Screen).

You may also need to verify that the CEC is also enabled in your Hisense TV. (HDMI Control)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to Get Roku Ultra home screen on startup

Jump to solution

@FloridaGal1234 

Try enabling 1-touch play in the Roku Settings.

Settings/System/Control other Devices/1-touch play [checkmark to enable]

With this feature enabled, when your TV is off, pressing the Home button (or any other button on the Roku remote other than Power and volume keys), should power your TV on, wake your Roku device, and switch to the appropriate HDMI input automatically. (you should now be on the Roku Home Screen).

You may also need to verify that the CEC is also enabled in your Hisense TV. (HDMI Control)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.