Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisBain

Australia, November 2024, streaming sticks

In Australia, Telstra TV licensed use of Roku boxes, but this ends on 31 Oct 2024.

Can I replace it with a Roku streaming stick without having to reconfigure modem, router and suchlike.

Need something other than Apple TV for IOS user

Can’t ask Roku without giving them credit card details.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Australia, November 2024, streaming sticks

I doubt you contacted Roku if they asked for a credit card.  Roku doesn't charge for support, so there would be no reason to ask for a credit card.  Beware of scams!

You shouldn't have to make any changes to your network equipment except for the possibility of the Wi-Fi channel if you use one not supported in the US (I don't know what channels Australia may or may not use).  You will have to create a Roku account at https://my.roku.com and it will ask for credit card information (supposedly to make users lives easier 🙄), but you can skip that step if you don't plan on making purchases or subscribing to anything through Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.