Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmpierson
Reel Rookie

How do I find local news channels? NBC, CBS and ABC.

How do I find my local news channels. I see ABC, CBS and NBC at the home area but these are not my local stations.

4 REPLIES 4
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: How do I find local news channels? NBC, CBS and ABC.

I wish you would be more specific than that.  Do you own a Roku stand-alone device or a RokuTV?  
~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
jmpierson
Reel Rookie

Ruku Ultra

Michelle3
Roku Guru

Find them in the Streaming Channels area.  None of the Roku stand-alone models have inputs; only outputs.  Even the ones with the analog outputs do not have inputs.  I have the Roku Express+ 3910X, with analog outputs and there is no built-in OTA tuner.  However RokuTVs have a built-in digital OTA television tuner, and those are the only Rokus to have it because Roku never made the sets themselves; they co-manufactured with actual TV manufactuers.  TCL was the first TV company to manufacture RokuTV sets.  Eventually other companies started manufacturing them as well.  Today, the other manufacturers of RokuTV sets include Sharp (previously licensed to Hisense from 2015-2019), Hisense, RCA/ProScan (licensed to Curtis International), Onn (Walmart house brand), Insignia (Best Buy house brand), JVC (manufactured by MTC of Shenzhen, China, licensed to California based JMC Electronics LLC in the US), Westinghouse etc.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hey @jmpierson, you can see how to access local news channels here: https://www.roku.com/blog/how-to-watch-local-channels-news-and-weather-on-your-roku-player-and-roku-...

If there is anything else we can help you with, don't hesitate to reply to this post or send us a private message directly! Thanks for being active members of our Roku community.