Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help connect Roku Express without working remote to new Network

I have a Roku Express that I haven't used in awhile. I went to set it up again, the remote doesn't work so I can't connect it to the new network. The device shows in my Roku Account, but not under devices on my Roku app on my phone, so I can't use it as a remote. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Help connect Roku Express without working remote to new Network

Hi @BradleyandCindi,

Thank you for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this concern that you have with the Roku Express since it will not connect through your Roku mobile app. Please be advised that you need to connect your Roku device to the same wireless network as your mobile device to use the Roku mobile app. The Roku mobile app is a free app for iOS and Android devices that turns your phone or tablet into a remote for your Roku device. If your Roku device is not connected to the wireless network connection, you may need to purchase a new Roku remote.

Please keep us posted if there's anything else that we can do to assist you.

All the best,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.