Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone faced compatibility issues with software on AMD Ryzen laptops?

Hey everyone,

I've been considering upgrading to an AMD Ryzen laptop due to their impressive performance and value. However, I've heard mixed reviews regarding software compatibility, especially with certain applications.

Specifically, I'm curious about:

General Software: Have any of you experienced issues with commonly used software, like Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, or other productivity tools?

Gaming: Are there any games that don't run well on Ryzen compared to Intel processors? I've read some forums where people mentioned problems with specific titles.

Development Tools: For developers out there, have you run into any issues with IDEs or other programming tools?

Drivers and Updates: How's the experience with driver updates? Do you find that AMD’s support is on par with Intel’s?

I’d love to hear your experiences and insights! It’ll really help me make an informed decision. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.