Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcella

Getting Cable TV on Sartup

Jump to solution

I mostly watch cable TV using my Xfinity box.  To do this, I have to turn on my Roku TV using my Xfinity remote (I programmed it turn on my Roku TV) which takes me to the Roku Home screen.  I then have to scroll right and click on the Xfinity HDMI cable input.  Is there any way to make my cable TV box the default input when I turn on my Roku TV?  I mwould love to be able to go directly to cable TV when I turn on my Roku TV usin g my Xfinity remote, without having to push several buttons using two separate remotes.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Getting Cable TV on Sartup

Jump to solution

@rcella Yes.  On your Roku TV go to settings, system, power, power on  and set it to the HDMI input that your Xfinity box is connected to.   When you turn on the TV using the Xfinity remote the Roku TV will go directly to the Xfinity box.  If you like you can go to settings, input, on the Roku TV and rename that HDMI input to Xfinity also.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Getting Cable TV on Sartup

Jump to solution

@rcella Yes.  On your Roku TV go to settings, system, power, power on  and set it to the HDMI input that your Xfinity box is connected to.   When you turn on the TV using the Xfinity remote the Roku TV will go directly to the Xfinity box.  If you like you can go to settings, input, on the Roku TV and rename that HDMI input to Xfinity also.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.