Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 103 new Roku account

Trying to connect brand new Roku. Connected to wireless internet but device won't pass software update and give error code 103 (try again or cancel). What's really weird is the device is connected to wireless internet but can't get past the software update screen. I repeated the process with an ethernet cable and got the same result (error code 103). I also tried a different TV and the same result. Does anyone else have this problem and have it solved? Frustrating as **bleep**.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Error code 103 new Roku account

I've never seen error code 103 reported.  To get past the initial update, it can be helpful to connect to an alternate network like your phone's hotspot, if possible.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.